UPDATE: You can now find this for sale on Ebay.
You can now pre-order the various artists vinyl soundtrack to director Michael Tully’s upcoming comedy Ping Pong Summer.
The pressing comes via Republic Records. It will be officially released August 19, 2014.
The year is 1985. Rad Miracle (Marcello Conte) is a shy 13-year-old white kid who’s obsessed with two things: ping pong and hip hop. During his family’s annual summer vacation to Ocean City, Maryland, Rad makes a new best friend, experiences his first real crush, becomes the target of rich local bullies, and finds an unexpected mentor in his outcast next-door neighbor (Susan Sarandon).
The accompanying soundtrack from J-2 Music is filled with 1980’s classics from the likes of The Fat Boys, Mary Jane Girls, Whodini, and New Edition, along with a new track from Hammer Throw (fronted by Kevin Barnes from Of Montreal).
- Stick ‘Em – The Fat Boys
- Tough All Over – John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band
- In My House – Mary Jane Girls
- Friends – Whodini
- Popcorn Love – New Edition
- Ping Pong Summer Suite – Michael Montes
- Friends Forever – Angelo Jannotti
- Fresh Is the Word – Mantronix
- Broken Wings – Mr. Mister
- No Parking On the Dance Floor – Midnight Star
- Young Champion – Hammer Throw
UPDATE: You can find this item on Ebay at the link below:
You can also find the Ping Pong Summer OST as an MP3 Digital Download at Amazon now.