Original Recordings Group release of Bernard Herrmann’s scores to the classic Citizen Kane (1941), On Dangerous Ground (1952), Beneath The 12-Mile Reef (1953), Hangover Square (1945) and White Witch Doctor (1953).
This is a 180 Gram audiophile virgin vinyl 45 RPM double LP release!
Limited edition of only 2,500 copies.
Release Date: April 19, 2013.
Using the original stereo orchestrations Charles Gerhardt conducts the London Philharmonic Orchestra to recreate the great moments from the most memorable of Hermann’s scores.
- Newly remastered by Bernie Brundman from the original analog master tapes
- First time ever released on 180 Gram 45RPM Double LP
- Pressed at RTI
- Each limited edition copy is numbered
- Recorded by Kenneth Wilkinson at Kingsway Hall in London, England.
- Deluxe laminated double gatefold jackets
- The Death Hunt (from On Dangerous Ground)
- Xanadu (Prelude) / Snow Picture (from Citizen Kane)
- Theme and Variations (Breakfast Montage) (from Citizen Kane)
- Aria from Salammbo (from Citizen Kane)
- Rosebud and Finale (from Citizen Kane)
- The Sea / The lagoon (from Beneath the 12-Mile Reef)
- Descending (from Beneath the 12-Mile Reef)
- The Octopus / Homecoming (from Beneath The 12-Mile Reef)
- Concerto Macabre for Piano and Orchestra (from Hangover Square performed by Joachim Achucarro)
- Talking Drums / Prelude / The Riverboat / Petticoat Dance / The Safari (from White Witch Doctor)
- Tarantula / The Lion (from White Witch Doctor)
- Nocturne (from White Witch Doctor)
- Abduction Of the Bakuba Boy / The Skulls (from White Witch Doctor)
- Lonni Bound by Ropes / Departure (from White Witch Doctor)
This vinyl soundtrack is rare and hard to find, but you can find it periodically for sale on Ebay at the link below: