Milan Records release of Clint Mansell’s original score to Chan-wook Park’s 2013 horror film Stoker.
Release Date: March 12, 2013.
Stoker stars Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode and Nicole Kidman. The film revolves around India (Wasikowska), whose father dies in an auto accident. Her Uncle Charlie (Goode), whom she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother Evelyn (Kidman). Soon after Charlie’s arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.
Clint Mansell is one of the most innovative and exciting contemporary composers who provides a striking score that both highlights and heightens the themes throughout the film.
Renowned composer Philip Glass, responsible for some of the most compelling works of the last forty years, contributes an original piano piece.
One-woman orchestral/electronic tour-de-force Emily Wells contributes the original song “Becomes the Color” in addition to a collaborative track with Mansell. The soundtrack is rounded out with “Summer Wine” by Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood.
- I’m Not Formed By Things That Are of Myself Alone (dialogue)
- Becomes the Color – Emily Wells
- Happy Birthday (A Death in the Family) – Clint Mansell
- Uncle Charlie – Clint Mansell
- A Whistling Tune from a Lonely Man (dialogue)
- The Hunter & the Game – Clint Mansell
- Blossoming – Clint Mansell
- Summer Wine – Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood
- A Family Affair – Clint Mansell
- Becoming… – Clint Mansell
- Duet – Philip Glass
- Crawford Institute (Family Secrets) – Clint Mansell
- Stride La Vampa (Verdi) – Victoria Cortez
- The Hunter Plays the Game – Clint Mansell
- In Full Bloom – Clint Mansell
- The Hunter Becomes The Game – Clint Mansell
- We Are Not Responsible For Who We Come to Be (Free)
- If I Ever Had a Heart – Clint Mansell & Emily Wells (Bonus Track)
This vinyl soundtrack is also available on Ebay at the link below: