Update: This pressing can now be ordered here.
Waxwork Records are about to release a brand new vinyl pressing of Harry Manfredini’s score to the original 1980 slasher flick Friday the 13th.
Waxworks have worked closely with the film’s composer to bring to vinyl the fully remastered score for the first time ever.
It will feature:
- Liner notes from director Sean Cunningham
- Liner notes from composer Harry Manfredini
- A heavyweight tip-on-old-style gatefold jacket featuring full artwork by Jay Shaw
- A printed 12”x12” insert with artwork by Jacqui Oakley.
It will also come in three variations:
- Camp Blood vinyl: Woodland Green and Brown haze with Blood Splatter
- Crystal Lake vinyl: Deep Murky Green
- Crystal Lake Blood Filled vinyl (limited to 100 units)
- Overlay of Evil / Main Title
- Banjo Travelin’
- Alice Goes To the Lake
- Back Up to Annie Alone
- Mrs. V Watches
- Ralph In The Pantry
- Don’t Smoke In Bed
- Not Tonight, I’ve Got A Headache
- Brenda In Lights
- The Bed Axe
- Alice Runs To Cabin
- Mrs. V Comes Clean
- Alice Run To Light
- The Last Fight / The Chop To The End
- The Boat On The Water / Closing Theme 1 / Jason In The Lake
- Closing Theme
- Sail Away Tiny Sparrow
The release date is August 29, 2014.
Pre-orders are not yet available (at the time of this post).
Listen to a preview: