POLTERGEIST 180 Gram 2-LP Vinyl Soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith
Get The Best Deal
Please Check Price
Mondo double LP vinyl pressing of Jerry Goldsmith’s original score to Steven Spielberg’s 1982 horror film Poltergeist.
This is a limited edition pressing.
Official Mondo release date: February 22, 2013.
Jerry Goldsmith’s soundtrack for Steven Spielberg’s Poltergeist formed a significant part of the 1982 film’s conceptual strength. Known for the intensity of his thematic exposition, Goldsmith designs the Poltergeist soundtrack to elaborately ground the film between the promise of suburban repose and the malevolent unknown. Beginning in innocence with a classic rendition of the “Star-Spangled Banner,” the soundtrack parallels the film’s intrusion of angry ghosts into the California home of the film’s protagonists with dreadful strings and eerie keys. Goldsmith then switches to airier strings and an ethereal flute to denote the family’s fumbling after their daughter, Carol Anne, is abducted. Utilizing frenzied horn blasts and a sudden lapse into atonalism, the composer ominously signifies the emergence of the Beast. Goldsmith, seemingly effortless, concludes the frantic drama of “Escape From Suburbia” in stark contrast with the sweet and child-like tones of “Carol Anne’s Theme,” elegantly illustrating the dignity and range that his orchestral scores for horror modeled within the genre.
- black vinyl regular edition and rare clear vinyl variant edition*
- brand new album cover design and interior fold out design by We Buy Your Kids (the Australian art duo Sonny Day and Biddy Maroney)
- completely remastered for vinyl by James Plotkin
- pressed on high-grade 180 gram vinyl
- includes four additional tracks released for the first time that were not included on the original 1982 LP release
* Mondo have randomly inserted the clear vinyl pressings among the standard black pressings.
- A1 The Star Spangled Banner*
- A2 The Calling / The Neighborhood (Main Title)
- A3 The Tree (Outtake)*
- B1 The Clown / They’re Here / Broken Glass / The Hole / TV People*
- B2 Twisted Abduction
- B3 Contacting The Other Side*
- B4 The Light
- C1 Night Visitor / No Complaints
- C2 It Knows What Scares You*
- C3 Rebirth
- D1 Night Of The Beast
- D2 Escape From Suburbia
- D3 Carol Anne’s Theme (End Title)
*First appearance on vinyl
Update September 13, 2013:
A confirmed clear vinyl pressing has gone up for sale on Ebay.
Price is $65 (or seller will consider offers).
Check it out at the link below: