Limited Edition THE FOG 180 Gram Clear Vinyl Colored Edition by John Carpenter
Death Waltz Recording Company limited edition 180 gram double clear vinyl LP with random green, white and blue effects release of John Carpenter’s original score to the 1980 horror film The Fog.
Release date: June 14, 2013.
Limited edition of 700 units.
Note 1: It is unknown how many of each variant was pressed but the 700 limited units are the only edition that contain these two clear/colored vinyl combinations.
Note 2: This post is specifically related to the blue/green splatter clear vinyl variant.
This edition features
- heavy weight 180g on clear vinyl with random green, white and blue effects (referred to as the “Splatter Effects” and/or “Haze Version”). The main link on this post is to a confirmed blue/green splatter effect variant.
- packed to black polylined inner sleeves
- heavyweight casebound (Tip on) full colour gatefold sleeve with matt lamination
- an art card of the cover image on 140gsm uncoated offset paper
- housed in a screenprinted plastic overbag
Includes the original movie score (originally released on vinyl in 1984 by Varèse Sarabande) but also the second LP features all of the original movie cues which have never been made available on vinyl before.
Also features cover art by Dinos Chapman and liner notes by John Carpenter, Alan Howarth , Randall D. Larson and Dinos Chapman.
- A1 Prologue 2:36
- A2 Theme From The Fog 5:07
- A3 Mathew Ghost Story 2:47
- A4 Walk To The Lighthouse 2:37
- A5 Rocks At Drake’s Bay 2:21
- A6 The Fog 3:13
- A7 Antonio Bay 4:25
- B1 Tommy Tells Of Ghost Ships 2:13
- B2 Reel 9 10:56
- B3 Main Theme (Reprise) 1:43
- B4 The Fog Rolls In 2:46
- B5 Blake In The Sanctuary 7:43
- B6 Finale 1:18
- C1 Ghost Story 4:11
- C2 The Journal 2:26
- C3 Seagrass Attack 3:56
- C4 Andy On The Beach 1:08
- C5 Where’s The Seagrass 1:05
- C6 Stevie’s Lighthouse 1:26
- C7 Something To Show You 2:27
- C8 An Evil Plan 2:21
- C9 Weatherman 3:29
- C10 Walk To The Lighthouse 2:46
- C11 Dane 1:40
- D1 Morgue 2:37
- D2 The Fog Approaches 2:22
- D3 Knock At The Door 2:12
- D4 Fog Reflection 1:14
- D5 Andy’s In Trouble 2:50
- D6 The Fog Enters Town 7:22
- D7 Revenge 2:16
- D8 Number 6 2:41
- D9 The Fog End Credits 2:59
You can listen to the score in the following video (however, the LP’s in this video are not the one’s for sale that this post relates to. The music, however, is the same):
All 700 units sold out from Death Waltz upon release.
Now the only way to acquire one is via a reseller.
Fortunately by doing so you an determine which particular variant you’re going to get.
This post links directly through to a blue/green splatter version (while it lasts, that is), as you can see in the main image of the post.
You can also find a variant haze version on Ebay (also while it lasts).