Limited Edition THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Vinyl Soundtrack by The Laze
One Way Static release of the new score to director Ruper Julian’s classic 1925 horror movie The Phantom of the Opera.
The Phantom of the Opera is one of the most iconic horror films in history. Originally a silent movie starring Lon Chaney in the title role as the deformed Phantom, this latest release features a brand new modern score composed and performed in 2010 by UK septet THE LAZE.
Release date: August 12, 2014.
- Limited edition of 1,000 copies worldwide
- Package in a deluxe tip-on jacket
- Artwork in black and silver by Luke Insect
The Laze have developed quite a reputation across the UK for their spine-tingling live performances and expansive soundscapes. Influenced by a history of horror soundtracks, from Bernard Hermann & Angelo Badalamenti to Goblin & John Carpenter, The Laze implemented elements of Progressive Rock, Classical, Jazz, Heavy Metal & Electronica in their score. This original soundtrack is the group’s fourth long-player.
The band premiered their live Phantom of the Opera soundtrack at Liverpool’s Picturehouse cinema, in the arts hub of FACT, on Halloween 2010. The sold-out, one-night-only performance led to further performances in UK cinemas, which concluded with a sold-out tour of selected Picturehouse Cinemas for Halloween 2011.
- Hidden From Man And Sun
- Faust Phantasmal
- The Chaos Of The Cursed House
- Under The Earth And Across A Black Lake
- Languish in Love (Erik and Christine)
- The Face of Terror (Metamorphosen)
- Above And Beyond (An Impossible Love)
- I Am Ledoux
- Evil Spirit
- Watery Grave
- Spectral Fury (Voices From The Room Of Many Mirrors)
- Heat, Intolerable Heat
- Scorpion Vs Grasshopper
- The Strangler’s Cord