CITIZEN KANE: CLASSIC FILM SCORES FOR BERNARD HERRMANN 180 Gram 45RPM 2LP Vinyl Soundtrack
Original Recordings Group release of Bernard Herrmann’s scores to the classic Citizen Kane (1941), On Dangerous Ground (1952), Beneath The 12-Mile Reef (1953), Hangover Square (1945) and White Witch Doctor (1953).
This is a 180 Gram audiophile virgin vinyl 45 RPM double LP release!
Limited edition of only 2,500 copies.
Release Date: April 19, 2013.
Using the original stereo orchestrations Charles Gerhardt conducts the London Philharmonic Orchestra to recreate the great moments from the most memorable of Hermann’s scores.
- Newly remastered by Bernie Brundman from the original analog master tapes
- First time ever released on 180 Gram 45RPM Double LP
- Pressed at RTI
- Each limited edition copy is numbered
- Recorded by Kenneth Wilkinson at Kingsway Hall in London, England.
- Deluxe laminated double gatefold jackets
- The Death Hunt (from On Dangerous Ground)
- Xanadu (Prelude) / Snow Picture (from Citizen Kane)
- Theme and Variations (Breakfast Montage) (from Citizen Kane)
- Aria from Salammbo (from Citizen Kane)
- Rosebud and Finale (from Citizen Kane)
- The Sea / The lagoon (from Beneath the 12-Mile Reef)
- Descending (from Beneath the 12-Mile Reef)
- The Octopus / Homecoming (from Beneath The 12-Mile Reef)
- Concerto Macabre for Piano and Orchestra (from Hangover Square performed by Joachim Achucarro)
- Talking Drums / Prelude / The Riverboat / Petticoat Dance / The Safari (from White Witch Doctor)
- Tarantula / The Lion (from White Witch Doctor)
- Nocturne (from White Witch Doctor)
- Abduction Of the Bakuba Boy / The Skulls (from White Witch Doctor)
- Lonni Bound by Ropes / Departure (from White Witch Doctor)