Nick & Nora’s Infinite Playlist Vinyl Soundtrack
The vinyl soundtrack release of Nick & Nora’s Infinite Playlist is an album containing memorable songs from various often unconventional indie artists.
Every song on this soundtrack is featured in the movie and plays a pivotal role in the story that unfolds in the film. The movie is a comedy about two people thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and live-loud music.
While the vinyl soundtrack doesn’t contain all of the songs featured in the film, such as “All The Wine” by The National.All The Wine by The National (from the album Alligator), the material that it does contain will certainly take you back to how you felt when watching the film and remind you of the story. Some tracks in particular carry quite an emotional resonance through its mixture of current indie and classic outsider rock.
Many people consider the best thing about the Nick & Nora’s Infinite Playlist movie to be the songs that accompany it, so if you enjoyed the movie, you should love the soundtrack. That said, this is also a soundtrack that stands alone, with or without you having seen the movie.
There’s nothing particularly special about this vinyl LP releaes compared to the Audio CD, aside from the obvious fact that vinyl records are able to reproduce the purest music quality the way the artists intended and in a way no CD can.
- Release date: September 30, 2008
- Number of Vinyl LP’s: 2
- Label: Atlantic
- Pressing Country: US
- Genre: Pop, Rock, Alternative Rock, Indie
- Compilation Producer – Linda Cohen, Myron Kerstein, Peter Sollett
- Executive Producers – Andrew Miano, Kerry Kohansky, Kevin Weaver, Lia Vollack
- Mastered by – Justin Smith
- A1 – Speed of Sound – Chris Bell (5:11)
- A2 – Lover – Devendra Banhart (3:40)
- A3 – Middle Management – Bishop Allen (2:44)
- A4 – Ottoman – Vampire Weekend (4:02)
- B1 – Riot Radio – The Dead 60’s (2:22)
- B2 – Fever – Takka Takka (3:12)
- B3 – Xavia – The Submarines (4:34)
- B4 – After Hours – We Are Scientists (3:52)
- C1 – Our Swords – Band of Horses (2:26)
- C2 – Silvery Sleds – Army Navy (4:15)
- C3 – Baby You’re My Light – Richard Hawley (2:54)
- C4 – Very Loud – Shout Out Louds (4:05)
- D1 – How to Say Goodbye – Paul Tiernan (3:28)
- D2 – Last Words – The Real Tuesday Weld (4:57)
- D3 – Nick & Norah’s Theme – Mark Mothersbaugh (5:10)
You can also find this for sale on Ebay via the following link: