A PLACE AT THE TABLE Vinyl Soundtrack by The Civil Wars and T-Bone Burnett
Sensibility Music vinyl LP release of the original song music to the 2013 documentary film A Place at the Table.
Features songs written and performed by Grammy Award winners The Civil Wars and T-Bone Burnett.
Release Date: April 9, 2013.
A Place At The Table is a documentary that exposes the worsening hunger crisis in America. The film is set for release March 1, 2013.
Artists The Civil Wars and T Bone Burnett will donate 100% of their net profits and royalties from this soundtrack to The Participant Foundation, a foundation that aims to support programs that in turn support a sustainable and peaceful world.
Joy Williams, the duo’s Nashville half, said. “Being a part of A Place At The Table opened my eyes to an epidemic that is happening in our country right now—underneath many of our noses. It’s happening to our neighbors, to our friends, to children. It’s a silent battle that can be won, if we as a nation set our minds to ending it. Linking arms with T Bone Burnett to create music for such a timely and important film as this was an honor.”
* Track listing:
- Mississippi Delta – T Bone Burnett
- Long Time Gone – The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett
- Uptown Brown’s – T Bone Burnett
- Focus (Rosie’s Theme) – The Civil Wars
- At the Table – T Bone Burnett
- The Need – The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett
- Long Time Gone (Dustbowl Version) – The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett
- Food Deserts – T Bone Burnett
- Jonestown Elementary (Tremonica) – T Bone Burnett
- Getting Worse – The Civil Wars
- Barbie at the Bodega – The Civil Wars
- Witnesses to Hunger – T Bone Burnett
- I Do Exist – T Bone Burnett
- Finding North – The Civil Wars
* this is the track listing for the CD Version (release date February 26, 2013). The final track listing for the vinyl release has yet to be divulged by Sensibility Music. This post will be updated when the final vinyl track listing is confirmed.
Listen to “Long Time Gone,” by The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett: